Tuesday, March 24, 2009
Another table of guys suddenly stood up and started singing. Cheerleaders, thankfully, didn't do anything except the standard teenage eye rolling and whining at their Mothers. Poor Mothers.
DYS, DDIL and The Devine Miss M - #3 GD (oh & the "Boys") came for supper the next day. We cooked out, DH made escargot and we had BD cake. The "Boys" and Maggie spent the day in backyard. They were not happy they couldn't come inside and mooch, but Benny (chow) likes to kill other small non-dog animals. Simba (peke) really didn't mind he was with "His Maggie", he likes taller girls. Crissy was safe and enjoyed all the undivided attention and petting. It was a good day.
Only sewing that has even barely been happening is an outfit for a customer. I really do not feel like making it, so it has been a struggle. I need to finish it and mail it, so I can sew something fun - like quilt blocks or #1 GD 18th/graduation??? quilt.
(I don't know what happened Pink Floyd's picture disappeared.)
Friday, March 13, 2009
I personally have kept the day open, since it is the day I turn 39, for the 1?th time.
My goal is to work on one of my many UFOs. I forgot how many of them there were.
The bad part, I have found tops, while unpacking, I do not remember making. I had to have made them, I recognize the fabric and the way the seams are pressed.
I have hopes the family will remember my BD. I have actually been reminding DH for the last 2 weeks.
It is an on going "NOT VERY FUNNY" joke about my birthday. YDS has always been the one who remembered, but last year he said he was doing good until the night before - "THEN BLIP!" - gone. He called me at bed time the day after. DH wanted to know who was on the phone. "Oh, just YDS about my BD." DH totally, as usual, forgot!
Tuesday, March 10, 2009
Courtney is the granddaughter of, Shirley, the former shop owner, and has had many challenges, since birth.
Ok, guys you can come out of the closet; it will give you more room to quilt!
That's right guys, that is "Dan" in the lower left-hand corner of the photo. Dan has no fear of a pattern or the number of teeny tiny pieces in a circular block. His quilts have made a few ladies green with envy.
Friday, March 6, 2009
Tuesday, March 3, 2009
2. Finishing strip sets of SIL's "Blue Triple Irish Chain" quilt. I will probably rename it to "Triple Dutch Chain". DH's family is originally from Amsterdam.
3. Remembered a blue pinwheel quilt, a guild I used to belong to made and quilted at the mill we used to live in. (Pictures when I can find them.) I loved that quilt. Sooo, I started cutting 6" squares of all my blues.
4. Found bread maker in a box when I was unpacking "more" boxes, thus made bread all week. Warmer than going to store in the snow. We got about 3-4 inches of very wet heavy snow.
5. Rotated trays and watched over the dehydrator for DH, he is making beef jerky.
6. CLEANED THE KITCHEN AFTER DH STARTED THE JERKY! Every surface in the kitchen was marinated, including the washer & dryer.
7. Reading blogs daily. It is my social life since. the move. Good thing I have recluse tendencies.
8. And the usual everyday boring "housewifey stuff".
I guess I have done pretty good keeping myself entertained. It has actually been a productive week.