Monday, February 9, 2009

Intelligent Human Contact at Last

I'm doing the "Happy Dance", (OK, only in my head). I finally made it to the W/S quilt guild meeting tonight. What a very talented and friendly bunch of ladies.
I got to meet Heritage Quilter , that was a very nice surprise; since it wasn't planned and we were practically sitting next to each other.
Mary Stori gave a great lecture and slide show on wool penny quilts and beading them. Makes me want to search "Box Mountain" for my beading supplies.

3 comments:

Quiltgranny said...

I'd love to see Mari Stori's work in person! What a lucky girl you are!!! And I'm happy to made it to the guild. They can be so enriching to our dabbling, eh?

Carrie P. said...

Hey KQ Sue, I am here via Heritage Quilter. I don't think we have met yet but I am glad you made it to the meeting and hope you will come back. I was first person to do show and tell and if you go to my blog you will see the patriotic quilt I showed. Come find me next time you come to the guild.

Heritage Quilter said...

Hey Sue, I'm glad you posted so I could find you. WS is a great place, so much more to offer there for a quilter. There are at least 3 good quilt shops with in a few miles of the metting place too.