Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Mystery Quilt


My DDIL and I are going to put together a "Beginning Quilter - Kit of the Month" for her mother, Linda.
Linda said, she wants to learn how to quilt.
Linda has just retired and moved to NY, at a "very young age" (she is 1 year younger than I am)!

Linda likes brown, beige and sage green.

I think I have a little extra tan from "Mz K's" quilt and I know I have left over sage green from "Devine Miss M's" nursery - 2 years ago. Maybe a little left over of the browns.
"Mz K" just turned 18 in May and graduated from HS in June.
I hope it will mean more having fabric from oldest and youngest GDs, included.

I thought a "Mystery Quilt" would be fun.
Actually, I am going to use the same pattern I used for "Mz K's" quilt.
The pattern has lots of strip piecing and sub cutting, followed by HSQ triangles and QS triangles. that should ease her in to piecing.
Then maybe DDIL & I can do a "road trip" to help her Mom finish and get started on the quilting and binding.

No comments: