Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Quilty Fun!

I feel like I am actually doing "quilty" things.
Saturday the quilt show boutique committee met to brainstorm. Lots of cute items in the works! After lunch we had sewing time; since we had rented the room for the day. A couple ladies basted their quilts, several other worked on hand applique projects and I had brought my Featherweight to sew little wallets.
Several of the ladies invited me to join 2 of the "bees".

Yesterday, I went to the Becasso's Bee. How cool is painting fabric with gelatin as a stamping base medium. Well go over to http://designerstitches.blogspot.com and see!
I received the remaining crayon for the Becasso's challenge for May - brown, I can do that! My assigned shape is - squiggle, Ok, mental over load! So many ideas racing through my head. I can use any technique, use any type material and make any type art piece. Should I strip piece a squiggle, applique a bunch of squiggles or give birth to - "dolly squiggle", Hmmmmmmmmm?

Today, The Quilting Friends Bee met, everyone brought their own project to work on. What fun getting to see the projects and get acquainted with the ladies. Guild meetings are wonderful, but to belong to a bee or two is how you get to really to know new people.

Needless to say I am not feeling completely like a fish out of water. I have new friends to "Horse" around with!

Sorry! Bad pun! But, wouldn't this little sea horse be cute in applique.

I need to get my RR Quilters block ready to mail.

Monday we bought a new camera, so now maybe I will get more pictures posted. I just have to get the camera away from DH.

No comments: