Sunday, September 28, 2014

Twin Quilts for Twins

DDIL has a friend that is having twins and wanted to make quilts for them.  We "power quilted" for 2 days. Only plan we had on Wednesday morning was something with sea life and about 5 pieces of fabric. Our focal fabric, "a multi-color chevron", ended up being a little to loud and was used for the binding. I love a striped binding! The rest of the fabrics were from my stash. DDIL has mastered buttonhole stitch applique! She has fallen in love with my Pfaff 7570 and hopes "Santa Baby" will bring her a sewing machine with a few more stitches than the little Montgomery Ward "Sew Happy" I have loaned her.
  This is the baby boy's quilt. So cute - all the designs we drew up ourselves.
Mermaids on the baby girl's quilt have "attitude"!  I need to get the pattern typed and printed, to put on my Etsy shop. We had so many "Likes" on FB when I posted the photos - almost 200 in the first 48 hours!  Wow! I am so proud of DDIL, she has officially been bitten by the "Quilting Bug"!

1 comment:

Mrs. Pepper said...

These are adorable! Too bad my children ave outgrown baby blankets.